Merlion symbol of Singapore

Friday, May 6, 2011

One Month

So as of today I have been in living in Singapore for a month now. On the one hand it has gone by very quickly, on the other hand it seems like I've been here much longer. The apartment is starting to look like home and I no longer turn on the windshield wipers every time I try to use a turn signal. I'm still surprised when the windshield wipers come on by themselves, seems we have a car with automatic sensors-didn't even know they had such a thing. Shows how old our cars are. I'm getting used to the grocery stores, but still have a deer in the headlights look when I'm trying to find stuff. The big ones are further away and have more choice, but I can't even begin to find what I need so I wander from aisle to aisle. The small ones are working better for me at the moment; when there are only 6 aisles it doesn't take long to figure out what your options are. I tried a yoga class yesterday and thought for sure I had accidentally signed up for hot yoga; but no, that is just what you get when there is no A/C and you go at 1:00 in the afternoon. I'll be looking around for some other options. Swimming laps is much cooler, but don't know if I have the motivation to do that everyday. At least it is right out the front door, so I have no excuses. Still working on meeting people, only a few people have moved into the complex, but every weekend brings another family, so I'm hoping to connect with someone here. I did buy my first two bottles of wine today, decided on Australian as my first try. I also bought tickets to a Food & Wine Fair to be held nearby later this month, much more my style.  Here's to 23 more months in Singapore-cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment